Monday, June 6, 2011

It's summer!

Kids are out for summer and we are trying to make it a fun one!

Alex graduated kindergarten and is moving onto 1st grade next year. Aidan graduated prek3 and will be moving into the regular prek4 class this Fall. And Andrew will be heading to the 3 yr old preschool class in the Fall at the Church. Alex lost his 2nd tooth recently and was very excited with his 2$ tooth fairy money. Alex started the Boys and Girls club today and will go every day until the end of June. They keep them pretty busy with activities--swimming 3x a week and going to the movies once a week. They will also do a few field trips and go to the park a lot!

Aidan also had his first day of summer school today. He will go for 3 weeks and then have a 2 week break and then do another 3 weeks. He seemed to have a good day today and even told me he learned "the letter A makes the a sound" Andrew will start summer mom's day out tomorrow. Very much looking forward to an hour alone!

As for me--I have gotten into the Nursing program at school and will start nursing classes in the Fall. I have one class to take this summer--Microbiology and am dreading it. Really hoping it isn't too hard! It's only for 6 weeks so at least it will be done and over quickly. I have recently heard about the WIA program--workforce investment act--and am waiting on more information about it in July. Apparantly there are grants available(free gov't money!) that I may be qualify for since I have a degree but haven't been able to get a job in that field. I am really hoping to qualify for it especially since it will reduce my student loan debt!

A few new pictures of the kids:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: