Saturday, April 24, 2010

Aidan and potty training

Today finished up week 2 of potty training for Aidan. He has done awesome with it and I think has hada total of 1-2 accidents, all of the other pees have been in the toilet. He is not yet pooping in the toilet so he is in pullups b/c I don't want to have to clean nasty underwear. In the last several weeks he has been going and then wanting me to change him immediately but I don't think he knows beforehand that he needs to poop, otherwise maybe he is too afraid to sit on the potty and go, who knows. I'm hoping by the end of the summer, when he goes to preschool, that he will be both pee and poop trained.
I have to say, it was so much easier than I expected! I thought it would be a lot tougher since his language is delayed and didn't know if he would understand what I wanted him to do. What do you know that all it took was seeing Alex go pee before bath and Aidan started doing it. So thanks Alex for showing your little brother what to do!

No comments: