Sunday, May 9, 2010

Garden in May

Lots of things are coming up. Have lots of little squash on the plants, tons of tomatoes, saw a few flowers on a couple of bell pepper plants but not many. I just planted the watermelon and canteloupe so not sure if those will even fruit up before summer is over, but fingers crossed! Kids have pulled several tiny tomatoes off of the plants, hoping they will let the others keep growing so we can continue with my master plan of making spagetti sauce.

Pictures from today:
Photobucket
Photobucket

Look at that squash!
Photobucket

These are the squash plants, a few cucumber plants, and a few bell pepper plants
Photobucket

Bell Pepper plants:
Photobucket

Brussels sprouts, I just got these started about a week ago.
Photobucket

watermelon, canteloupe, and a couple cucumber plants. Also just started these a week ago.
Photobucket

Tomato plants:
Photobucket
Photobucket

I also planted pumkins yesterday. I had saved some seeds from last year's pumpkin so hopefully they sprout up in a few weeks. I am really hoping we get some pumpkins and we can decorate our house with them for Fall.

I am loving the gardening thing. I never had much interest in it and really didn't until I started it. But I am loving watching everything grow and produce. I sure hope it all tastes good!

No comments: